This cable requires a separately available Promote Control HDR bracketing controller unit.
Using a separate shutter cable with Promote Control offers the following benefits:
- Enables Bulb Ramping mode
- Provides Mirror Lock-Up functionality
- Allows automated exposures longer than 30 seconds
- Ensures faster camera reaction to shutter release, especially in "High Dynamic Range" mode
- Activates "Manual Hold" mode
- Enables arbitrary shutter speeds in "One Shot" and "Time Lapse" modes
- Allows pre-focusing the camera using the Promote Control "Focus" button
- Enables basic Promote Control shutter release functionality even when out of battery power
This shutter cable is compatible with the following cameras:
Nikon D4, D4s, D3, D3s, D3X, D2X, D2Xs, D2Hs, D2H, D200, D300, D300s, D500, D700, D800.
* Promote Control firmware update 2.49b or later is required for Nikon D800.